Monday, August 20, 2012

Hunger games

So!!! I not only didn't have time to get that good of a workout in today, but Boy, do I have the munchies!!!! I need to fuel up on protein,alright! I just made a protein shake so, so, good. ( I'll add the recipe at the bottom )
But! My body just wants to veg out and munch right now... But, the worst part is.... I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT I WANT TO MUNCH ON!!!!!!!!


** TIP*** this is usually caused from BOREDOM!!! It's 945, the end of my long day, many hours were spent in front of my computer. Now, usually in the past i would think how i hardly ate during the day because my mind was completely occupied all day long. Even though my mind was on the go, that doesn't mean my body was!!
Sure, I did some yoga, but I did not work up enough calories to satisfy my late night munchie cravings!!! GO, AWAY BOREDOM!!
This is where it all becomes tricky. Whats a "hungry" girl to do???!
Sure, I can do plenty of other things to occupy my mind ; paint my nails, read a book, find some cute hair styles for a wedding I have this upcoming weekend. But right now ... I JUST WANT FOOD!!! AHHHHH !!!!

No this is where some logic comes into play. Sit back and start weighing your pros and cons ( you can use this strategy for other dilemmas besides food; taking a trip somewhere, spending money, calling that ex of yours, exc!)
But, back to the food! :)
After I list my pros and cons and let the thought sit on my mind rather than react right away... I than decide,
it's the goals that keep me far,away from my kitchen cabinet. ( especially since I made chocolate chip cookies over the weekend!!! :0 ) anyway, back to goals.
It may be short term or long term goals. Both keep you motivated. Make sure that if it is a long term goal... That you give yourself a day to indulge ( if it's a weight loss / fitness goal ) or a day to relax or whatever it is that works for your situation.

For me, Its a short goal. This Sunday I have a wedding dress that I must fit in. will I still fit in it if I gain a few pounds?? Absolutely. The other question that I ask myself is if I did gain my weight ,Will I feel as sexy and confident in that dress at that wedding as apposed to me sticking to my goal weight plan? Absolutely not.
Maybe if I get wasted I will be. BUT, That's just adding way more empty calories = adding more weight =make me more bloated and more unhappy. So in the end, I'd say that I am very happy with my choice to not munch on my late night cravings....because in the end I will love myself even more for sticking to my goal and looking hot in that dress!!! So now that I thought out what would happen if I indulged in some late night munchies, I don't even want those late night munchies anymore! Yay for the calm lifestyle that I choose ( and you can too!!!).

I mostly blame myself since I hardly got my workout on today, BUT I learn how to deal.
Stick with me, I can help you guys out with my clear thinking of food and when to eat it or not!!!


I know a close friend who has a minor depression and eating disorder. Ive noticed how she isn't in any phase in her life where she can think clearly to see how the food effects her. It's like I'm her voice. We work together.

It's almost time for bed and you know what, I'm not even having those munchie cravings anymore!!!! :)
Ah, the power of the beautiful mind.
Xoxox
Please leave your comments guys!!!
Love you all xoxox

Ps the smoothie recipe !!!! ( all in a blender, remember, I hardly use measuring cups!!)
-about 3 cups of ice cubes
-about two cups of chocolate soy milk
-half a scoop of my whey protein powder
- and two whole bananas
Yum!

Comment your thoughts! Try this recipe... Also add some organic peanut butter for an even better taste!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

hey guys let me know your thoughts on this, and if anyone has their own stories or questions dealing with exercise, weight loss, medication with ADD,ADHD, depression, anything at all please leave comments!!! :) love to hear back for you guys!