Tuesday, August 6, 2013

I am a warrior!


Hey everyone!!!!
I haven't been on the blog in way too long :/ but here I am! 
Life sometimes gets in the way of things for me. One thing I need to really start working on is my balancing skills. 
I need to know how to balance time for my family, friends, school work, homework, spiritual mediation, my boyfriend, my pets and MY SELF!!!!!
How does everyone make time for all of this stuff? 
( side note, it would be really cool if people could post some balancing life strategies on here to really help a girl out!!!! ) 

Aside from my life and me becoming organized ... I wanted to say how I absolutely had THE BEST SATURDAY EVER!!!! 
For all of you warriors out there, hello. For anyone who doesn't know what or who a warrior is... IT'S ME! 

This Saturday I took place in a wonderful race called The Warrior Dash! It was a 3.5 mile long haul run, with 6 different obstacles that kept you constantly working hard. The obstacles consisted of jumping over fire ( sounds bad ass ) , climbing over beams and rock walls, swimming through a lake, army crawling under barb wire in the mud, running trough mud and a lot more awesome things!!! It was an absolute blast and such an awesome workout. 
I came in 100th place for my age group out of 2,000 ... I suppose that's not too bad?!!!  
The minute I crossed the finish line to my parents and family members who were there to support, I knew I had to do more of these races more often. I immediately got addicted to the thrill! 

This is the whole group of us after the warrior dash... Sooo muddy!!! ( I'm the one girl with my eyes closed -_- ) 

But it was soo much fun! 

* if you're a person who gets bored with working out, and the thought of running a 5k or mile is too boring to you, I advise and HIGHLY recommend that you partake in a warrior dash, color run , tough mudder , spartan race, or the  zombie run! I am SURE you can look online to find many other fun activities that aren't boring to do!!!

Working out doesn't always have to be weights, and your usual treadmill cardio type. As long as you are moving, making some resistance and your heart is thumping, you are working out babes!!! 

Peace and love 

No comments:

Post a Comment

hey guys let me know your thoughts on this, and if anyone has their own stories or questions dealing with exercise, weight loss, medication with ADD,ADHD, depression, anything at all please leave comments!!! :) love to hear back for you guys!